How to Prevent Spreading Germs
Some everyday actions that you can take to help prevent the spread of germs that cause respiratory illnesses like influenza include:
- Cover your nose and mouth with a tissue when you cough or sneeze, or cough/sneeze into your elbow. Throw the tissue into the trash after using it.
- Wash your hands often with soap and water, especially after sneezing and coughing.
- Avoid touching your eyes, nose or mouth.
- Try to avoid close contact with sick people.
- If you get sick with influenza or any other illness, stay home from work or school and limit contact with others.