Congratulations to all student-athletes and coaches for being disqualification free and earning a Sportsmanship award from the NJSIAA and NJIC.
Sportsmanship from Three Basic Angles:
For the Coaches:
1. Make sportsmanship your priority.
2. Keep winning in perspective.
3. Fun should be a part of the game.
For the Parents:
1. Cheer for your child, but stay in control; do not direct any comments to any players, officials, coaches or other spectators.
2. Cool off before confronting a coach.
3. Get to know the coach.
For the Players:
1. Don’t taunt your opponents.
2. Don’t specialize in particular sports at a young age.
3. Don’t whine, don’t complain, and don’t make excuses.