Welcome to Physical Education/Health Department
In our physical education department, we look forward to progressively increasing students' cardiovascular fitness, muscular fitness, and strength by understanding and applying the five components of health-related fitness as it impacts a student's daily health and wellness. We strive to focus on developing skills to measure initial personal fitness levels and creating personal fitness goals based on analysis of the health-related components, the FITT principle, nutritional choices, and overall wellness. We also strive to demonstrate and show understanding of the proper motor techniques while participating in team sports activities.
- white, gray, or navy blue solid colored shirt
- Spirit or Falcon Wear
- Gray, or navy blue sweatpants or shorts
- solid black leggings, of a thick material
Students will acquire the knowledge and skills of what is most essential to become individuals who possess health and physical literacy and pursue a life of wellness by developing the habits necessary to live healthy, productive lives that positively impact their families, school, and community.
A quality comprehensive health and physical education program fosters a population that includes, but is not limited to:
- Maintains mental health awareness and relies on social/emotional support systems
- Maintains awareness of health and wellness and how to access resources
- recognizes the influence of media, peers, technology, and cultural norms in making informed health-related decisions as a consumer of health products and wellness services
- practices effective communication and conflict resolution skills
- accepts and respects individual and cultural differences